Hobie Mirage Stand Up Eclipse Pedal Boards features two board sizes a 12 foot and also a 10.5 foot. Both are built with super strong ACX Advanced Composite Epoxy providing lightest weight and durable composite construction. Eclipse Pedal boards are built wider than most SUPs to give you the most stability while still great performance. Eclipse Pedal Boards are beautiful boards designed for flat water use. Sure you can surf some light swells and waves but they are designed for flat-water use. Hobie Pedal SUP boards are the new way to SUP!
Hobie Mirage Stand Up Eclipse is rated for peddlers up to 275 pounds (the smaller Eclipse 10.5 is good up to 225 pounds). Eclipse 12 SUP is offered in two color combinations: Lunar Blue, with Solar Yellow Graphics, and Solar Yellow with Lunar Blue Graphics.
Hobie Mirage Stand Up Eclipse SUP Boards continues the quest of other Mirage products via exercise that’s low impact and FUN! Removable handlebars give another point of stability while offering easy steering. Levers on the handlebars give you a comfy, relaxed way to steer your board. Squeeze the left lever and the board turns left. Squeeze the right and the board turns right. Simple! The handlebars are easily adjustable to fit a wide size range. Incredibly easy to install and remove, the Eclipse sets up in a snap!
Hobie Mirage Drive has been tweaked to fit flat on the Stand Up Eclipse Pedal Series, with two large, flat pedals that move the fins with a easy stepping motion. Mirage Drive installs with simple click-n-go connection also allowing the fins to fold against the board for shallow water launching and landings. Mirage Drive has been modified with a new Flow Fin 90s designed to transfer power efficiently from the extra force available when in a standing position. The Rudder is designed to kick-up when hitting something shallow. It also doubles as a tracking skeg if you just want to paddle. Each Eclipse Paddle board comes with a plug for the Mirage drive well in case you want to go out paddling. Lock your rudder in place, drop in your plug, remove the handlebars and go paddle. Sorry paddles not included.
Eclipse Boards all acomidate a plug in cart to help you easily move the board from your car to the water.
In a nutshell. Hobie Eclipse SUPs are a fun and easy way to have fun on the water!
Full length Video:
Care and feeding of your Eclipse Board
How to Take Care of Your Hobie Mirage Eclipse Board:
Every Hobie Eclipse board is hand crafted by master craftsmen. ACX composit construction – Advanced Composite Epoxy – shines with a beautiful glossy finish and graphics. Similar to other hand built products, each Eclipse SUP board is uniquely individual. Each Eclipse board is different from one board to the next. Sure the differences are small but in hand built products this is waht makes them truly unique and beautiful. To keep your Eclipse board looking amazing here are some suggestions as to how to take care of it properly.
- Avoid bumping into rocks, gravel, docks or other objects. This will help preserve the high-gloss finish.
- Launch your Hobie Eclipse in water that reaches up to your knees. Ideally this is about sixteen inches deep. Sixteen inches should be pleanty deep to let the drive work fully as well as keep your board away from rocks.
- Dont run your Hobie SUP Eclipse board into the beach while in use. Again this will help keep your finish coat looking great.
Hobie Eclipse SUP Boards boards are built strong composite construction. Paint chips and scratches are superficial normal wear.
Still try to avoid doing this. Chips and scratches won’t impact your boards performance. However to keep your board in the best condition Watch the quick start guide video below.
Here are a couple tips on what to do to take care of your board:
- Rinse your board with fresh water after each use.
- Keep your Hobie Eclipse board clean and dry during extended storage. Ideally store it in a a Hobie Eclipse protective board bag that is made to hold not only your board but also all of your boards components securely.
- Store your board out of direct sunlight or extreme heat or cold.
- Transport carefully. We offer a beach cart that plugs into your board for an easy alternative way to move your board from your car to the water.
- Its a good idea to use rail, nose and tail protection tape to protect even more from scratches.
- Store or rack your Eclipse SUP board pad-down (upside down).
Heres the Quick Start Video by Hobie on how to take care of your Eclipse SUP:
Take care of your board and it will continue to look amazing for years to come. Composite is strong but open to dings scratches and cracking if mis used. So please take care of your board so you will enjoy it for a long time to come! Have any questions? Give us a call and we will be happy to answer anything you might need help with 1-877-725-2925