The 2017 Bonneville Bass Bonanza Tournament, a fundraiser for Heroes on the Water, is just around the corner! Now is the time to register for this great event that helps those who have given so much.
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 29th 2017
Event Date: June 3rd, 2017
Fishing Grounds: Bonneville Pool
Launch: First Light
Check-in Location: Waterfront Park, Near Lur Jensen Beach, Hood River Weather dependent.
Check-in Deadline: 3:00 PM
We are excited to be using Tourney X this year, allowing those of you involved with Oregon Kayak Bass Fishing to add this event to your annual competition series. We look forward to it also benefiting HOW by increasing the number of participants!
If you are unfamiliar with Tourney X, you will need to register with them prior to the tournament. They will collect the registration funds and provide you with a code which will be used to record your winning fish. A photo of your fish and your registration code will be uploaded to Tourney X at check-in.
The Bonneville Bass Bonanza will a single largest bass by length contest. Catch and release fishing ONLY!
Qualifications for Fish Submissions:
- – We will be using the rules standard set from Kayak Bass Fishing
- – There will be no Captains Meeting for this event. Fishing commences in the Bonneville Pool when the tournament begins. “Weigh In” will be held at the Hood River Waterfront Park.
- Fill out and sign a waiver before participating in the event! If you haven’t signed a waiver, you cannot present photos to the “weigh-in” station. We will send you a waiver via email after registration closes and before the event you can email back to us.
- River Level- We’ve had a crazy winter so the Columbia is high. We expect it to remain so for the next couple months. This shouldn’t effect most good Bass areas. It will make for a stronger current when you get in areas with a current. So please be mindful. We don’t want to have to come and get you in Cascade Locks:)
- – Wear a PFD and appropriate immersion gear for the days temp and water temperatures – AKA dress appropriately.
- – Fly a safety flag while on the water.
- – Propel themselves to and from the fishing grounds.
- – Carry a valid fishing license and follow ODFW/WDFW Regulations pertaining to the Bonneville Impoundment
- – Release fish unharmed
- – Actively seek to minimize impact on motorized vessels (at the launch and on the water)
We are excited about this event and raising funds for one of our favorite organizations, HOW!
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at: email@example.com