Detailed Product DescriptionThe Guide to the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon is a must-have guidebook for your trip down the Grand. Durable and waterproof, with USGS maps and excellent descriptions of river features.
* This book covers the entire river, from the Lees Ferry launch site to the South Cove take out on Lake Mead.
* Spiral bound format with full color topo maps on right side and complete text descriptions on the facing page
* Excellent mile by mile information on rapids, campgrounds, geological features, historical sites and reference points.
* The topo maps are the same scale as the original USGS maps. The contour lines and accurate shape of the river really help you keep track of where you are.
* The high quality waterproof paper really stands up to the soaking it's going to get!
* The book lists numerous side hikes and interesting features away from the river.
* There are also info pages on frequently asked questions about boating the river, Grand Canyon geology, archeology, resources protection and plants found in the Canyon.
* An excellent companion book to this guidebook is Tom Martin’s Day Hikes from the River,(#3350) with detailed descriptions of some 100 side hikes in the Grand Canyon.
Authors: Tom Martin & Duwain Whitis
Size: 9"w x 14"h waterproof paper
Map Pages: USGS 7.5" color topo reproductions
Scale: 2,000 feet per inch (1:24,00