A boomless, roller-furling sail rig. Two retractable amas that fold up against the side of the boat, with the simple pull of a line, for easy docking, maneuverability, and transport.
The cockpit is the stable platform of the Hobie Mirage Adventure Kayak, offering full versatility as a pedaling kayak when conditions are not convenient for sailing.
The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedaled while under sail, or simply pedaled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
The Adventure Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a daggerboard; oversized “Twist and Stow” rudder; Mast and Sail Cover; and an Ama/Daggerboard Bag.
- – Adventure kayak hull w/ MirageDrive, paddle, seat, and large rudder blade
- – Two color coordinated Amas
- – Deck mounted cross-bars
- – Removable ama arms w/ carrying bag
- – Smoke daggerboard
- – Roller-furling sail w/ battens
- – Two-piece mast w/ full length storage bag
- – Harken blocks
- – All lines and hardware
- Length: 16′ 0″ / 4.88 m
- Width (Amas Extended): 112 ” / 2.84 m
- Width (Amas Retracted): 42 ” / 1.06 m
- Weight: 115 lbs. / 52.12 kg
- Capacity: 350 lbs. / 159 kg
- Sail Area : 57.5 sq. ft. / 5.34 sq. m
- Mast Height: 15′ 2″ / 4.62 m
Island series in action
More Fun in Hobie Island Kayaks